Author Topic: Ayala Center Iloilo  (Read 32926 times)

Offline wecky

• Valued Contributor
Re: Ayala Center Iloilo
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2005, 03:10:08 AM »
that's right Chy. As for me, I would like to challenge Ayala Center developers to build Ayala CBD in Iloilo and at the same time challenge my fellow Ilonggos how good and resilient our economy is in Iloilo City and the province.
Carpe Diem

Support ILOILO CITY's bid to become a PREMIERE CITY by 2015

ILOILO - The Heart of the Philippines

Offline LalalaRu

• Happy Camper
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2005, 07:39:39 PM »
;) ;D

Does anyone of you know the time and location that ayala center will be set?

Offline Skwiril

• Board Veteran
  • Unadorned
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2005, 11:42:44 PM »
basi ma puto smallville sini.
"The worst guilt is to accept an undeserved guilt." -- Ayn Rand

Offline donskiegrace

• Active Poster
  • just a little bit of everything..Ü
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2005, 10:11:11 AM »
..ayala center in iloilo??!!

..that's great!..that would mean more business opportunities and more jobs for ilonggos..and besides, it will attract more local tourists!..iloilo can do it!..kita pa ya!..

i mAy nOt hAvE tOo mUch oF sOmEtHiNg, jUst a LittLe biT oF eVerYtHiNg...

Offline kim

• Active Poster
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2005, 02:58:56 PM »
hmmm din bi ang nami nga location man?

Offline wecky

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2005, 11:28:50 AM »
I suggest it would be outside Iloilo City ... Pavia, Oton, Sta. Barbara, Pototan or Barotac Nuevo. Iloilo City right now is very congested. And I think if Ayala plans to build a CBD (corporate business district) and Ayala Center Mall, then they need a bigger space for their massive project. Even if they only plan for mall alone, outside Iloilo City is still the best location.

Actually, I haven't read the whole info/article/ news about the proposed Ayala plan. If any of you happened to cross about this subject, please do post it here. Ta.
Carpe Diem

Offline LalalaRu

• Happy Camper
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2005, 12:37:48 PM »
I hope that they can find a location here in the city itself. Mandurriao has a very big space if it is well-utilized but if they build an intricate commercial complex there... It would be much fun budgeting on the remaining land. If they will build it on Pavia... That means more traffic on the only biggest road from Iloilo City going to the international airport. Moreover, the municipality is quite far from the city center in terms of waiting time (unless a transit system will be built). Most of the richest people in the province are of course living in the city.

The planning of the park will be a very difficult one. I will praise the Ayalas if they will be able to build and develop a commercial district that it may be like that of Cebu, Alabang or Makati's.

Offline LalalaRu

• Happy Camper
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2005, 12:47:41 PM »
By the way, if I were asked if alot of businesses will be shut down because of Ayala... I don't think so!

We have a very high purchase power, although it is inevident. Imagine how close are the present malls in Iloilo, (ex. SM Jaro and SM Manduriao) but did one of them shut down? Look at the malls of other cities in the Philippines (excluding Manila & Cebu), if they're not far, some of them will close!

If we will only have constancy and determination, even two side-by-side business parks will prosper here.

Offline wecky

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2005, 08:29:55 PM »
agree with you lalaru ... the battle of malls will be great in Iloilo City.
Carpe Diem

Offline wecky

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2005, 08:35:08 PM »
I hope that they can find a location here in the city itself. Mandurriao has a very big space if it is well-utilized but if they build an intricate commercial complex there... It would be much fun budgeting on the remaining land. If they will build it on Pavia... That means more traffic on the only biggest road from Iloilo City going to the international airport. Moreover, the municipality is quite far from the city center in terms of waiting time (unless a transit system will be built). Most of the richest people in the province are of course living in the city.

The planning of the park will be a very difficult one. I will praise the Ayalas if they will be able to build and develop a commercial district that it may be like that of Cebu, Alabang or Makati's.

Iloilo City is too congested. Even Mandurriao Lalaru is filled up with housing and subdivisions. I think it's high time for Iloilo City to be expanded na. If we keep building all the structures within the city of Iloilo, what will happen to the development to the whole province? The best picture for Iloilo is widespreading all the businesses across the provincial area. The better provincial economy, the better city's income. Besides, Ayala will not develop a 50-hectare of land only just in case if they want to build business parks or corporate haven. They'll require bigger area for future expansion as well.
Carpe Diem

Offline chymera00

• High Council
  • Valued Contributor
  • Strengely Normal
    • Iloilo Online
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2005, 10:36:18 AM »
AIRPORT FOR SALE

Ayala firm wants domestic airport

By Francis Allan L. Angelo

A MANILA-BASED real estate developer is one of the companies interested in buying the Iloilo domestic airport site in Mandurriao, Iloilo City.
Kagawad Eduardo Peñaredondo confirmed that Ayala Land, Inc. (ALI) is bent in buying the 62-hectare lot once the new international airport in Cabatuan-Sta. Barbara area operates.
Ayala Land is the Philippines' largest and only full-line property developer of real estate and hotels and is one of the most successful operators of prime commercial spaces in the country.
Aside from the Ayala-owned firm, also mentioned were “two local firms and foreign outfit” that also want to develop the old airport facility.
A source from the Ayala Group of Companies also confirmed Peñaredondo’s statement saying the ALI is planning to put up a business center in the area.
“If the new airport opens, there would be no problem putting up high rise buildings in Iloilo City. We want to develop the old airport site into a business destination just like in Makati and Cebu City,” the source said.

Based on the computations of Air Transportation Office (ATO) Manager Allan Java, sale of the Mandurriao airport lot will generate the national government P6-12billion, which is enough to pay the loan used to construct the international airport.
Early this year, the ATO has begun the inventory of existing structures at the Mandurriao airport lot to facilitate its sale to the winning in the future.
Peñaredondo also revealed that Mayor Jerry Treñas had lobbied with President Gloria Arroyo to use the proceeds from the sale for developmental projects in Panay.
Peñaredondo said the national government is planning to use the revenues from the old airport for the construction of a superhighway from Iloilo to Kalibo, Aklan.
“But all these are still under negotiation with the City Planning and Development Office representing the Iloilo City government,” Peñaredondo said.
Based on the present land value assessment of Iloilo City, the old airport lot costs between P1,000 to P2,000 per square meter.
Engineer Jaime Puzon of the Taisei-Shimizu Joint Venture, contractor of the new airport facility, said they expect to finish the airport by middle of 2007.
EXPLORE ILOILO | the Premiere Iloilo Website
     NEWS  -  PHOTOS  -  FORUM